...one of the greatest privileges of a human life is to become midwife to the birth of the soul in another. When your soul awakens, you begin to truly inherit your life. You leave the Kingdom of fake surfaces, repetitive talk and weary roles and slip deeper into the true adventure of who you are and who you are called to become. The greatest friend of the soul is the unknown...
John O'Donohue

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Fiji Gratitude #33

The countdown till we leave Fiji for home has commenced... One month left! In honor of the amazing experience of living here for one year, I'm going to post a daily countdown of gratitude...

Fiji Gratitude #33 - I am grateful for learning to let go. Everyday what I do & accomplish, when I come & go, what I eat, when (if!) I use electricity, where (if!) I shower, when I have clean clothes, when I rest & when I work are determined outside of me. I'm at the mercy of tides, sun, rain, wind, cultural etiquette, internet cafes, supply boats, & Fiji time. I truly control only 1 thing - whether I smile or whether or frown!
Sent via BlackBerry from Vorovoro Island, Fiji!

No comments:

Post a Comment